• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting rid of unwanted roomates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Braaaandi

I have had a couple living in my home that i am renting for 3 months now, with the verbal agreement that they would be leaving within 1-2 months from their move in date. I have just today had to go file an unlawful detainer to get these moochers out of my home which their names are NOT on a lease of any sort. The husband had become verbally abusive and threatening towards me over the past few weeks, and the wife and I have not been on any sort of speaking teerms in weeks, I AM TERRIFIED of these people staying any longer in my home, but my court date isnt until july, which is about 3 weeks from now. Not only do I live in the home but my 2 small children and i am pregnant, and as i stated i am scared to death of any sort of retaliation, or to even have to live in the same home as them until i can get them evicted. ***IS THERE ANYTHING I can do to protect myself and my children from having to live under this fear in OUR home, or could this be a reason, or is there even a way to get around having to wait the 21 days for a court date under these types of situations?? ***

L

loku

Getting rid of tenants

If you can prove a real danger, you may be able to get a restraining order that orders them out, but you would have to show that there was a good reason for your fear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">