• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Give unconditional quit and Pay or quit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yakkie1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

What is the order to do these for failure to pay rent:

1. Pay or quit

2. 14 day move out notice terminate lease (dangerous person, person has a hearing for assaulting the other tenant this week.)

3. Or can you just start the eviction.

I just read we have to give them notice before starting an eviction, but I don't think they will pay anyway so is the Pay or quit fastest thing to do?

Cvillecpm

ALWAYS use pay or quit for unpaid rent if possible....virtually NO defense for not paying rent....it gets you into court FASTER in many states!

yakkie1

Again many thanks

I am going to send notice to them via Certified mail for the Lease Violation today. I have called and left a message on their phone and also emailed this notice. I that the correct thing to do?

Can you do both terminate lease and pay or quit? Because if they pay we still want to terminate the lease....

I can't seem to find how many days notice I have to inspect the rental unit in Maryland... I would like to go through it now with a checklist to see if there is any damage now, and then again when we get them gone....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">