• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to Court - Unlawful detainer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

southpasdena

What is the name of your state?Ca
have been summoned to court as an unlawful detainer (accousing me of not paying rent)

Looking to see if anyone can give me advice. I am taking this to court as i did pay, I did pay late, but never recieved a 3day pay rent or quite notice until after i payed and after the apartment sent and filed papers with their attorneys.
Also in my court summons, on the complaint (i know this is a very important part of the summons) they only gave me pages 1 and 3, not page 2 in which page 2 names the reason for this summons/complaint, which as i have talked to legal aid, will almost garuntee that i win the case, included in with the fact that they broke the lease and the guidelines set forth with the housing authority of riverside county, CA. The apartment manager claims she notified me prior to me turning in my rent, in which my rent being late needs to be in cashier check form, but i never got any notice that she claims she posted on my door. but i did recieve a mailing notice, but it was already to late.

On my side:
1: their summons that they prepared and submitted is not complete and fails to tell me why i am being summoned (dunno y this is big, but it is supposed to be according to a public attorney) page 2 missing
2. Never recieved or was notified about my 3 day pay rent or quite (against california housing authority landlord/tenant guidlines and apartment lease) until after the sent papers to attorney
3. I have recieved my checks back in certified mail from the apartment proving i did pay
4. and pretty much that they broke their own lease agreement and house rules by not giving me the notice

I am just asking for help, i am 18, living on my own for my very first time for the last 3 months and do not want an eviction on my credit, my roomates or his dad (co-signer) for the next 7 yrs. I am nervous even though the legal aid said i should win under my circumstances as long as i show up and file my papers within my 5 day limit..but even though i am supposed to win, 90% of pple lose, so just nervous....

THanks for reading and please help me...I am also in the process of looking for certain laws or other things to help me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">