• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guest eviction/ abandoned property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dani7231

I live in Utah and own my home, mid-last year in 2015 I let a close family friend move into my home rent free ( she was going through a rough patch) which was a mutual understanding between us, there was no contract otherwise. 2 weeks ago we had a disagreement and she said she would move out on her own volition by the next day. She has been back and forth to my house a few times to get bare necessities and her dog but majority of her stuff remains. What are my legal recourses with eviction and her property?

quincy

I live in Utah and own my home, mid-last year in 2015 I let a close family friend move into my home rent free ( she was going through a rough patch) which was a mutual understanding between us, there was no contract otherwise. 2 weeks ago we had a disagreement and she said she would move out on her own volition by the next day. She has been back and forth to my house a few times to get bare necessities and her dog but majority of her stuff remains. What are my legal recourses with eviction and her property?
You say the friend has moved out voluntarily so why the need for an eviction?

Allowing the friend more time to remove her personal belongings from your residence does not require a legal action if it is clear she is taking action to retrieve her property (albeit perhaps slower than you would wish).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">