• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

half written and half verbal agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjust4now

I need advice ! I live in california and I signed a written agreement for 1000 a month rent .I pay electricity and landlord pays gas and water All of which the landlord was to keep in his name with me paying the electricity in cash .we had a verbal agreement for me to paint the inside of the house for 1250 dollars .with a security deposit of 500 and a verbal to paint the outside of the house for 2000.i painted inside and gave 250 cash to cover the 1st month and sec. dep. after 3 months he tells me he is shutting off electricity so put it in my name as he hands me a 30 notice to terminate agreemen tbecause he is selling the house .he then advises me he will "do me the favor and keep utility in his name "i get home and find a notice on my door saying new tenants please sign up for gas service . after 1 week from then my gas gets shut off can he do this if we had a verbal agreement that he was to pay for gas and water ?
need advice on my rights in this matter please help!!!!!!!

Last edited:

H

happy&lucky

First off.....

The reason why slumlords stay in business is they have a knack for finding the DUMBEST tenants they can find who like to pay in cash!

And YOU fit the profile!

Second This will be a VERY expensive lesson in LIFE SKILLS

NEVER NEVER NEVER spend YOUR money on the landlord's house!!!!!!

Third:

YOU'VE BEEN REDNECKED!!!!!!

Yup those evil doers are at it again, REDNECKS, lowest form of life next to the Taliban, they will harass you steal from you and then once they had enough of you will throw your asss out....

So consider yourslef VERY LUCKY to even get a 30 day notice from these evil people!

Thats it...nothing in writing and NO PROOF, and with NO LEASE you are a month to month tenant, which means exactly that... your lease is good for 30 days!

And to make matters WORSE, even if you did sign a Years lease, you have NO proof you gave the landlord the FULL $1000 for the rent so NOW he can evict you for Non Payment...

And sue you in court....!!!!!!!!!

HA HA youve been rednecked......Boi!

Last edited:

Cvillecpm

If you have a lease - NO; if you have a month to month agreement then, YES if landlord gives you 30 days written notice. Obviously, the landlord wanted his house painted and occupied while he markets it for sale.

You should have "reduced" everything you stated in your post in writing and then had landlord signed it. Now it is just he said/he said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">