• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heater broke...no rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I moved in Oct. I paid Nov and Dec.
I had to bang on the heater to get the fan to kick on every three hours. It got down to 42. He said he ordered the part end of Oct.
The part just happened to come in the day the rent was due in Dec. He would not fix the heat until I paid, so I did. I hadnt been able to have my children over the weekends because of the heat.

Im refusing to pay entire rent this month. I told him I would pay a hundred less on the rent, since the electric doubled. He said that was not his problem.

He uses the Massechusetts article 2 home code in his rental aggreement. It clearly states I did not have to pay rent in Nov or Dec. He says he will take me to court.

What is my next move?

Proserpina

I had to bang on the heater to get the fan to kick on every three hours. It got down to 42. He said he ordered the part end of Oct.
The part just happened to come in the day the rent was due in Dec. He would not fix the heat until I paid, so I did. I hadnt been able to have my children over the weekends because of the heat.

Im refusing to pay entire rent this month. I told him I would pay a hundred less on the rent, since the electric doubled. He said that was not his problem.

He uses the Massechusetts article 2 home code in his rental aggreement. It clearly states I did not have to pay rent in Nov or Dec. He says he will take me to court.

What is my next move?

Help us help you.

Here's the code:

http://www.malegislature.gov/laws/constitution#cp21s20.htm

Point out the bit you're talking about please.

Wait a second. You're in IL? Where does MA come into play?!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

What is my next move?
Your next move is to pay your rent and quit spread eagling your four year old, Lori.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ah. I see. Post history.

Interesting.
Between her posts about spread eagling her daughter to look at her clitoris on Cafemom, her webcam sex, the money laundering boyfriend who has 10 million to give to her, her wanting to hide the money to avoid paying child support... should I continue? If she has 10 million, maybe she should buy a house after paying her rent and not worry about relying on others. Of course then her child support would go up and if her hubby finds out about half this, she may not to have worry about visits with her child. And yes, SHE has posted all this about herself. She is also mentally ill per her own posts.

Oh and she has also stated she is a teacher -- one who needs to learn to use proper English, grammar and punctuation.

Proserpina

Between her posts about spread eagling her daughter to look at her clitoris on Cafemom, her webcam sex, the money laundering boyfriend who has 10 million to give to her, her wanting to hide the money to avoid paying child support... should I continue? If she has 10 million, maybe she should buy a house after paying her rent and not worry about relying on others. Of course then her child support would go up and if her hubby finds out about half this, she may not to have worry about visits with her child. And yes, SHE has posted all this about herself. She is also mentally ill per her own posts.

Is it too much to hope "troll"?

If not - OP, PLEASE get the help you need.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is it too much to hope "troll"?

If not - OP, PLEASE get the help you need.
Well, she was reading this thread after I posted but now she is gone. Maybe she ran to expertlaw to post there because I am so mean and harrassing and talking about her posting history that has NOTHING to do with her rent. Sorry but it all goes together. She mentioned her children in this post. She mentioned she has all this money or her boyfriend (who lives with her) does. So she should pay her rent. And quit doing such things to her child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">