+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    autoskill1973 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    41

    heater broke...no rent

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

    I moved in Oct. I paid Nov and Dec.
    I had to bang on the heater to get the fan to kick on every three hours. It got down to 42. He said he ordered the part end of Oct.
    The part just happened to come in the day the rent was due in Dec. He would not fix the heat until I paid, so I did. I hadnt been able to have my children over the weekends because of the heat.

    Im refusing to pay entire rent this month. I told him I would pay a hundred less on the rent, since the electric doubled. He said that was not his problem.

    He uses the Massechusetts article 2 home code in his rental aggreement. It clearly states I did not have to pay rent in Nov or Dec. He says he will take me to court.

    What is my next move?
  2. #2
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Watching you eat your Cheerios
    Posts
    39,149
    Quote Originally Posted by autoskill1973 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

    I moved in Oct. I paid Nov and Dec.
    I had to bang on the heater to get the fan to kick on every three hours. It got down to 42. He said he ordered the part end of Oct.
    The part just happened to come in the day the rent was due in Dec. He would not fix the heat until I paid, so I did. I hadnt been able to have my children over the weekends because of the heat.

    Im refusing to pay entire rent this month. I told him I would pay a hundred less on the rent, since the electric doubled. He said that was not his problem.

    He uses the Massechusetts article 2 home code in his rental aggreement. It clearly states I did not have to pay rent in Nov or Dec. He says he will take me to court.

    What is my next move?


    Help us help you.

    Here's the code:

    http://www.malegislature.gov/laws/co...on#cp21s20.htm

    Point out the bit you're talking about please.


    Wait a second. You're in IL? Where does MA come into play?!
  3. #3
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52,310
    Quote Originally Posted by autoskill1973 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

    I moved in Oct. I paid Nov and Dec.
    I had to bang on the heater to get the fan to kick on every three hours. It got down to 42. He said he ordered the part end of Oct.
    The part just happened to come in the day the rent was due in Dec. He would not fix the heat until I paid, so I did. I hadnt been able to have my children over the weekends because of the heat.

    Im refusing to pay entire rent this month. I told him I would pay a hundred less on the rent, since the electric doubled. He said that was not his problem.

    He uses the Massechusetts article 2 home code in his rental aggreement. It clearly states I did not have to pay rent in Nov or Dec. He says he will take me to court.

    What is my next move?
    Your next move is to pay your rent and quit spread eagling your four year old, Lori.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

    Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

    I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
  4. #4
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Watching you eat your Cheerios
    Posts
    39,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    Your next move is to pay your rent and quit spread eagling your four year old, Lori.

    I guess I missed something!
  5. #5
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Watching you eat your Cheerios
    Posts
    39,149
    Ah. I see. Post history.

    Interesting.
  6. #6
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Proserpina View Post
    Ah. I see. Post history.

    Interesting.
    Between her posts about spread eagling her daughter to look at her clitoris on Cafemom, her webcam sex, the money laundering boyfriend who has 10 million to give to her, her wanting to hide the money to avoid paying child support... should I continue? If she has 10 million, maybe she should buy a house after paying her rent and not worry about relying on others. Of course then her child support would go up and if her hubby finds out about half this, she may not to have worry about visits with her child. And yes, SHE has posted all this about herself. She is also mentally ill per her own posts.

    Oh and she has also stated she is a teacher -- one who needs to learn to use proper English, grammar and punctuation.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

    Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

    I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
  7. #7
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Watching you eat your Cheerios
    Posts
    39,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    Between her posts about spread eagling her daughter to look at her clitoris on Cafemom, her webcam sex, the money laundering boyfriend who has 10 million to give to her, her wanting to hide the money to avoid paying child support... should I continue? If she has 10 million, maybe she should buy a house after paying her rent and not worry about relying on others. Of course then her child support would go up and if her hubby finds out about half this, she may not to have worry about visits with her child. And yes, SHE has posted all this about herself. She is also mentally ill per her own posts.

    Is it too much to hope "troll"?

    If not - OP, PLEASE get the help you need.
  8. #8
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Proserpina View Post
    Is it too much to hope "troll"?

    If not - OP, PLEASE get the help you need.
    Well, she was reading this thread after I posted but now she is gone. Maybe she ran to expertlaw to post there because I am so mean and harrassing and talking about her posting history that has NOTHING to do with her rent. Sorry but it all goes together. She mentioned her children in this post. She mentioned she has all this money or her boyfriend (who lives with her) does. So she should pay her rent. And quit doing such things to her child.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

    Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

    I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.

Similar Threads

  1. Tenant owes 2 months rent and water heater broke
    By fmoadab in forum Landlord / Tenant Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 06:23 AM
  2. Can I withhold rent due to three failed attempts at fixing my hot water heater?
    By celestialwolven in forum Landlord / Tenant Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 06:20 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
  4. can a rental agreement be broke due to income being 50% less of rent
    By Stevecorr68 in forum Landlord / Tenant Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 12:31 PM
  5. Buyer's inspector broke our heater...
    By ellekayw in forum Buying & Selling a Home
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.