• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Notice needed to terminate tenancy in Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bombay24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I'm a residential renter in Missouri looking to terminate my tenancy. My original lease has been up for quite a while, at which point I chose to pay month to month at a higher cost rather than sign another lease term. My original lease stated that I must provide 60 days notice prior to termination, however since I am a month to month renter now, is that applicable? The Mo. Rev. Stat. § 441.060 seems to state that only 30 days is needed if you are a month to month renter. Additionally, I do not pay late fees on my rent until 3 days after the end of the month. As a result, I have not yet paid the rent this month. I am getting ready to make payment right now. Is this going to hurt my chances to terminate since it is the 1st? Please advise if I can terminate my tenance effective July 31, or August 1, without having to pay August rent. Thanks in advance for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">