• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP OWNER FINANCING AND owner wants more money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lidlbitlucky

What is the name of your state? texas

I am a woman who just bought a house through an owner finance deal.
We signed all legitamate papers and contracts. they have all been noterized and every thing all of the down payment and 2 monthly payments have been paid and now the owner is coming back to me and telling me he wants more money down because he can't sell off the loan.
Do I have to pay this to him as I can not afford any more money than what we agreed to in the beginning?

Also, there were some places on the application that we completed together that he told me to leave blank that he would take care of them.
I am currently in chapter 13 bankruptcy but it has been turned over to a chapter 7. He told me to leave those blank and he would take care of it. I left them blank and now he is saying I lied on my application and he did not know about the bankruptcy. I have 2 witnesses that he did know about it and one who knows he told me to leave it blank. Can anyone tell me what I should do. He wants the money now and I don't have it. :eek:

BelizeBreeze

Tell him that you will abide by the contract as signed and if that's not good enough for him, then contact an attorney and have the attorney write him a letter detailing the contract, the witness statements and that any attempt by him to alter the 'facts' of the contract will result in civil action.

HomeGuru

lidlbitlucky said:
What is the name of your state? texas

I am a woman who just bought a house through an owner finance deal.
We signed all legitamate papers and contracts. they have all been noterized and every thing all of the down payment and 2 monthly payments have been paid and now the owner is coming back to me and telling me he wants more money down because he can't sell off the loan.
Do I have to pay this to him as I can not afford any more money than what we agreed to in the beginning?

Also, there were some places on the application that we completed together that he told me to leave blank that he would take care of them.
I am currently in chapter 13 bankruptcy but it has been turned over to a chapter 7. He told me to leave those blank and he would take care of it. I left them blank and now he is saying I lied on my application and he did not know about the bankruptcy. I have 2 witnesses that he did know about it and one who knows he told me to leave it blank. Can anyone tell me what I should do. He wants the money now and I don't have it. :eek:
**A: let me get this straight. you bought a property and are in BK and you are having the property owner Seller advise you on filing the BK forms?
You need to hire an attorney for your real estate deal and BK.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">