• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help - she's out for revenge!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AMTinMI

What is the name of your state?MI

I posted once before, but did not include enough information for a complete answer. Also, there is new information to add to this now. Here is what I posted before:

"I have a serious issue. I was having a lot of troubles with my husband and filed for divorce. I felt I could not live in this relationship anymore. I needed to move out away from him asap.

Two friends of mine had been in a relationship and living together. We'll call her D and him T. D left T for one of our other friends a few months before all of this and moved in with her parents. She wanted out of the lease so she wouldn't have to pay it anymore, and I needed somewhere to live. I took over her lease.

Her and my friendship just stopped. I was upset with some things she had been doing. T kept showing interest in me at the same time and told me he had feeling for me. We had a bit of a realtionship for a very short time. She decided to go back to him and he told her about this. She got angry at me and has ever since (about two months now) been e-mailing me and posting remarks on our internet journals that are harrassing and threatening. I have not lived there for over a month (and it was only about 2 months before that when I signed the co-signer lease). Every time I stop over there to get something, she is there (often sleeping in his room with him) or at least her stuff is all over the appartment. She has also been making remarks that make me think she is living there, or at least there very often like when she comained about "all the loud drunk students at *****" (the stars are so that I don't say the name of the appartments.

I have asked her to take the lease back, but she refuses. My husband and I have been back together (very happily I pleased to say) and are now expecting a baby and cannot afford to keep paying for her to live there. We even have e-mails that she has said, "I can't trust myself not to hit you". and has sent at least one e-mail that was harrassing after I asked her not to do this anymore becuase I cannot have this stress with the health issues that I have when I'm pregnant - meaning that I'm affraid that if I get too stressed out, I'm worried that since I have other health issues also, I might end up haveing a miscarriage. What can my husband and I do????"

Here is the rest of the information:
Ok. Yes, I did sign a lease for this. It was a co-signer type lease. Therefore, she was still on it, but was not on it in the sense that she would be living there. Since all of this, she has posted a journal comment on our internet journals telling our friends that she does not stay there except weekends (which I am quite sure is NOT true - but even still, it's the only time that I would ever choose to stay here). She also told them that she does not have ANY of her belongings there and that I'm just trying to get out of paying and that's why I'm saying all of this.

I do now have proof that her stuff was there though,. I told the appartment building office that she is staying there and that all of my stuff is out. I also told them about the threats and such, but they said that they do not deal with that part of it. They went to the apartment while T was there and looked to see that the oom I was staying in was truely empty and to see if her items were there. They said that they did not go into his room to respect his privacy (which is where her clothing would be - they are a couple and sleep in the same bed). But, they did see her tooth brush there (or at least that there are 2 there and there is only supposed to be one person living there). They also saw a hair straightener, hair spray, her stuffed animals, and her pink duffel bag. They took pictures of all of these items.

They also told me that T and D have not gotten any passes (which would be necessary for her to park there), but her car is only working about half the time and he often picks her up from work (which is only about a block away) and just drives her back and forth.

She insisted on the journals that she does get passes for the weekends though and that it's the nly time she stays there. (Again, I'm quite sure this is a lie and the apartment building said they don't get passes).

She is now telling our friends that she and T are looking at haveing to go to court over this. The apartment office said that it might be hard to prove that she was not just a short term guest when they were there taking pictures. Do I have enough for court???

Just Blue

Please that a deep breath...look over this post ....do you think that we can follow this? Now, maybe it's just me, because I've had a long day.....but I really can't follow this at all! :confused:
When did T move back into the apt? When did you move out? Did you tell the landlord that you were moving and did he give you an okay to do so? Are you still paying rent?
If you have moved, why do you stop over there? Who has the apt? And why are you going to court?? Enough WHAT for court? :confused:

PghREA

baystategirl said:
Please that a deep breath...look over this post ....do you think that we can follow this? Now, maybe it's just me, because I've had a long day.....but I really can't follow this at all! :confused:
When did T move back into the apt? When did you move out? Did you tell the landlord that you were moving and did he give you an okay to do so? Are you still paying rent?
If you have moved, why do you stop over there? Who has the apt? And why are you going to court?? Enough WHAT for court? :confused:
I couldn't follow it either. I think her friend left her husband and rented an apartment - OP left her husband also and moved in with the friend and co- signed the lease. The friend's husband got chummy with the OP and the friend got mad. At this point, they are both back with their husbands (and happy for the moment.) The fact remains that they both owe rent on the apartment until the lease expires or until it is re-rented. I have no idea why the OP wants to sue the friend. All four of them should go to marriage counseling - but, that's another forum!

mgeloop

Did you talk to the land lord and go over your options? Ask about early terminating your part of the lease. You may have to give a written notice of 60 days and pay through that 60 days, bUt at least the end will be in sight.

Research about what you responsiblitities are when you are being threatened by a neighbor cause this could be the same sitiuation. You could also threated this old boy friend that youll get a restraigning order aginst her and then she wont be able to live there or even visit there becuase her name isnt on the lease and yours is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">