• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holdover Tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wuselino1412

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

As of today my renter is overstaying his lease. It was formally cancelled etc and since he does not have the money and thinks he should be able to stay at his discretion. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to file for the eviction today as I cannot take off work. Does it matter if I file for the eviction tomorrow?

Thank you,

Sue

STEPHAN

It does not matter, it just delays the eviction process by one day.

(All provided that you gave proper notices etc.)

wuselino1412

According to Florida law since he had his non renewal notice four weeks prior to the end of his lease there is no other notice required since he is not actually not paying but a holdover tenant.
I looked him up and he had an eviction before (years ago) never filed a summons during the 5 days he is able to so I am sure he won't file either this time. Hoping he will be out soon

wuselino1412

According to Florida law since he had his non renewal notice four weeks prior to the end of his lease there is no other notice required since he is not actually not paying but a holdover tenant.
I looked him up and he had an eviction before (years ago) never filed a summons during the 5 days he is able to so I am sure he won't file either this time. Hoping he will be out soon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">