• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I prove in court that landlord has re rented a house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ieatbooks

Broke a lease in the fall and after a falling out we are heading to court. They are suing for rent until August, the term of the lease, even though the house was rented in December and is still occupied. I don't know of they are crazy enough to think they are entitled to rent from me and the new tenant or they plan on lying in court. What are my options?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Broke a lease in the fall and after a falling out we are heading to court. They are suing for rent until August, the term of the lease, even though the house was rented in December and is still occupied. I don't know of they are crazy enough to think they are entitled to rent from me and the new tenant or they plan on lying in court. What are my options?
Subpoena John Doe who lives in the house to come to court to testify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">