• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can you get the Landlord to break lease?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cd52381

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was talking with my friend at work about breaking leases and whatnot b/c he is also trying to get out of his lease too b/c of financial reasons. Anyway, we were both wondering if anyone has had any success of having the LANDLORD or Rental Agency break the lease b/c the tenant wasn't at fault and they just wanted rid of the tenant without evicting them. I heard of a rental agency breaking the lease b/c they feared a law suit by the tenant b/c of a toxic mold in the apartment they were liable for. Anyone else hear of doing this or is it just too far out of reach for us poor, defenseless tenants?:rolleyes:

FarmerJ

Im sure you could find ways to become Dracula tenant from hell . BUT if you do you realise that your LL might get really hard nosed and so angry with you that you will never be able to successfully negotiate early termination . and Dont forget should your LL decide to take you to court for breaching the lease you still dont get off scott free , because many LLs now completely screen prospective renters for all kinds of court history inc any court filings by former LLs and any court info found can be grounds to refuse to rent to a tenant , might not be found by your Next LL BUT likely will be by the following LL , and thats only if a future LL doesnt bother to seek referances from your current LL . last here with the internet screening and searching public data bases to learn all one can about some one has made it easier than ever to learn all there is to know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">