• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i evict a family member when i share a title with someone else

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spike286

I live in California where my Mother and I share a tittle on our house. My older brother has lived there for years with out ever paying rent or helping in any way at all. We have refinanced to try to save the house and still we have a hard time making the bills while my brother runs up utility bills. My Mom dose not want him out but I want him to pay or leave as we can't afford to support him for free and keep our house. What can I do? ( my Mom suffers from dementia and I am her medical guardian and medical power of attorney ) I don't know if that has any bearing as she with help can make her own decisions.

tranquility

I agree. All owner's have the right of possession. Mom can allow older brother to stay. The only "answer" is to get mom to agree to evict or to give you power of attorney for you to evict, or partition or one transfers ownership to the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">