• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get someone to leave my house who doesn't live with me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I rent from my sister and brother n law
I'm sure the sister might assist in the matter.

Now, there is another angle here. She HIRED the BF to house sit/ cat sit while working. The terms of the agreement was a place to bunk and food in exchange for watching cats. How does that CONTRACT translate into "moving in."

What were the terms of your agreement in all this?

Banned_Princess

OP, talk to your GF's and ask how they get rid of unwanted men in their homes. I am sure one of them will come up with the answer. The answer is so simple you would slap yourself in the head for not thinking of it.

Ha ha ha, is it to invite other men to visit and date with Xbf around?

I have no idea what it is, maybe we can all be inlightened...

Alaska landlord

Nothing says that the LANDLORD can't change the locks and give a valid key to the only legal tenant, no?
Landlord involvement would be to give OP a pay or quit notice to the tenant for her to have the unwanted tenant vacate.

Follow up would be to post a notice of eviction for breaking the terms of the lease "et-al"

Cvillecpm

Save the DRAMA for your MOMMA!!! Landlords have their OWN family drama - they don't need to invite tenant's drama into their lives....EVERYONE leaves, the property is upgraded and re-rented for HIGHER RENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">