• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to file reverse default decision to stop eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moneyt

What is the name of your state? california
already filed papers to delay eviction one week.
now need to file paper (a motion?) to reverse a default decision (because tenant was unable to respond to eviction notice paperwork about a month ago so city made the default decision to evict).
I obtained forms and gave them to an attorney to file but he has done nothing.
Can I file papers myself?
Where in san francisco legal system?
-KitsMom

V

Votan

My best guess, go the the small claims court and ask for help. They do offer the kind of help you need.

M

macro9999

what was the reason for the default?

Why did you not show up for court? were you in Jail? were your parents in imminent danger of death? those are two good reasons to continue this, if its anything less then that, then it wont be granted and the lawyer knows its a waste of time.

M

moneyt

eviction delayed

thank you . a tennant advocacy organization is helping us with filing papers to delay eviction a week while we search for lawyer.
We need a lawyer in San Francisco.

M

macro9999

you still didnt tell me why you didnt show up for court.

I just want to know.. Why are you putting the landlord through this krap?

And wasting peoples time and energy, you lost, you cant pay the rent, so move back home with your family.

Just give me some shred of evidence that you really do have a great reason to try and stay in the apartment.

I am a tenant too, and just think about how the landlord will act towards the next tenant if you keep wasting his time and costing him more money...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">