• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to include a new tenant in the lease if primary tenant refuses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emayuri

My mother lives in Queens, New York. She was leaving in the same apartme with one of my brothers for almost sevent years. She paid more of half rent, most bills (electricity, telp, cable, etc) are under her name, she feeds my brother free, because he did not leave money for his meals. We tried to include my mother in the lease, but the management refuses because my mother income is bases in SSI only. My brother (the primary and solely tenant) is moving soon and he did not want to include other of my brothers in the lease, so my mom can stay there. He said that he is going to return the apt and that he is not willing to allow anybody to be included in the new lease. Although he is refusing, and he is leaving the apt. can any of my siblings with a reasonable income ask the manager to be included in the lease to assure that my mother, a person who can prove that she was there for almost 7 years, demand to be included in the lease?

I_Got_Banned

My mother lives in Queens, New York. She was leaving in the same apartme with one of my brothers for almost sevent years. She paid more of half rent, most bills (electricity, telp, cable, etc) are under her name, she feeds my brother free, because he did not leave money for his meals. We tried to include my mother in the lease, but the management refuses because my mother income is bases in SSI only. My brother (the primary and solely tenant) is moving soon and he did not want to include other of my brothers in the lease, so my mom can stay there. He said that he is going to return the apt and that he is not willing to allow anybody to be included in the new lease. Although he is refusing, and he is leaving the apt. can any of my siblings with a reasonable income ask the manager to be included in the lease to assure that my mother, a person who can prove that she was there for almost 7 years, demand to be included in the lease?
If your brother is terminating his lease then it is obvious that no one can be added to that same lease.

Maybe one of your other siblings can complete a new application...

Searchertwin

Do not DEMAND anything, won't get you anywhere. Also, proving your mother lived for 7 years, doesn't mean anything except she lived there.
As "I got banned", said, "let one of the siblings make a new application."
Really no other alternate plan. Sorry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">