• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to legally break an apt. lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiredhuman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Arizona. I am currently renting an apt. next door to some extremely loud, all nite partyers who also know and party with the renters across the parking lot from my apt. bedroom windows. They party outside literally ALL NITE every night with very few exceptions. I have summoned the police to this situation 5 times, and made 4 complaints to the apt. mgrs. office. I was informed by the apt. mgr. that both sets of renters had been given eviction notices and were to be out by Nov. 23. It is now Dec. 4, and they are both still here. It seems that the presence of the police has absolutely no effect on the situation, and I am suspicious that the apt. mgr. lied to me about their supposed evictions. I want out of this lease. What can I do? Is there anything I can do to get out of here? I have to either sleep with earplugs in or sleep in my living room on the sofa with my bdrm. doors closed to keep out the noise! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Topic

What does your lease say regarding early termination?

You could talk to your landlord; however, there's every chance that you would be told, "Yes, provided you find someone to take over the lease, plus pay any expenses I incur because you broke it. Oh, and by the way, you have to pay the rent until another tenant is found."

Who's Liable?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Arizona. I am currently renting an apt. next door to some extremely loud, all nite partyers who also know and party with the renters across the parking lot from my apt. bedroom windows. They party outside literally ALL NITE every night with very few exceptions. I have summoned the police to this situation 5 times, and made 4 complaints to the apt. mgrs. office. I was informed by the apt. mgr. that both sets of renters had been given eviction notices and were to be out by Nov. 23. It is now Dec. 4,
An eviction takes time.

and they are both still here. It seems that the presence of the police has absolutely no effect on the situation, and I am suspicious that the apt. mgr. lied to me about their supposed evictions.
Again, evictions take time. The tenants may have been given notice and ignored it. There is nothing you can do except call the police again.

I want out of this lease. What can I do? Is there anything I can do to get out of here? I have to either sleep with earplugs in or sleep in my living room on the sofa with my bdrm. doors closed to keep out the noise! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Not much but wait for them to move out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">