• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Legally Put Out My Adult Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janiev

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Please advise how to legally put my adult child out of my home. She has been living rent free in my home for a very long time and has become more and more disrespectful and rude.

I have given her a written 30 day notice advising her that she has 30 days to turn in all keys and vacate my residence.

What are my options if she is still here after the 30 days?

Thank you.

justalayman

file for an order of eviction with the courts.

You need to treat her as a tenant and follow the same laws a landlord must follow.

Just Blue

Please advise how to legally put my adult child out of my home. She has been living rent free in my home for a very long time and has become more and more disrespectful and rude.

I have given her a written 30 day notice advising her that she has 30 days to turn in all keys and vacate my residence.

Thank you.
Evict your child per the LL/Tenant Law of your state.

Banned_Princess

Thank you.
then you go to your local civil court and sue her for an eviction.

expect a rocky month or two after that until the sheriff comes to physically put her out. (if it comes to that)

applecruncher

You seem to want to put her out because of the way she is acting (as opposed to her not paying rent), which is your right. If you REALLY want her out then do as others advised, but watch out for her efforts to ‘play nice’ and worm her way back in. At this stage I would refrain from any discussion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">