• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can I stay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Twixmaster70

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rhode Island

My lease is up and the landlord will not extend my lease because they are interested in starting the same business as mine in the same location. Basically, they want to inherit my business. I've been strung along to believe they were gonna do a deal with me but at last moment they backed out. I need an extra month in the location. How long will this eviction take. Is there wiggle room? I need a little more time to set up near by.

FarmerJ

commercial rentals have little to zero protection with state landlord and tenant law. You need to move faster at getting your inventory /fixtures/ ETC out even if it means some things must go to self storage lockers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">