• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can we go w/o heat before the landlord remedies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Searchertwin

When pray tell us are you going to read ,so as to reply correctly ?

Did you not read it right? I quoted, "You are using electric heaters for heat. So you are not without heat." The OP qouted, "No relief has been offered for attempting to heat two bedrooms with electric heaters".

I said they were using electric heaters , op stated they were using electric heaters.

Where, pray tell, are you not understanding????:rolleyes:

Searchertwin

When pray tell us are you going to read ,so as to reply correctly ?

Did you not read it right? I quoted, "You are using electric heaters for heat. So you are not without heat." The OP qouted, "No relief has been offered for attempting to heat two bedrooms with electric heaters".

I said they were using electric heaters , op stated they were using electric heaters.

Where, pray tell, are you not understanding????:rolleyes:

atomizer

I am in agreement with searcher. The management company is doing what it can and the poster has to be patient. No company you hire can be forced to do anything any faster than what they quote you. If you pressure them they can just flip you off or even delay things. Your only alternative then would be to find another company. Until you have a final bill from the electric company for the added cost of heating it would be premature to ask that they pay for the added cost to your electric bill. Another thing is good luck getting people to show up during the Christmas holiday season or in the middle of a snow storm to work on your furnace. You just have to be patient and considerate that most companies are short staffed.

Also, I would not turn in a car for tank work with a full tank of gas. That would be dumb. You should not have wasted your money with the oil tank fuel order.

Now would be a good time to visit relatives.

Just Blue

I am in agreement with searcher. The management company is doing what it can and the poster has to be patient. No company you hire can be forced to do anything any faster than what they quote you. If you pressure them they can just flip you off or even delay things. Your only alternative then would be to find another company. Until you have a final bill from the electric company for the added cost of heating it would be premature to ask that they pay for the added cost to your electric bill. Another thing is good luck getting people to show up during the Christmas holiday season or in the middle of a snow storm to work on your furnace. You just have to be patient and considerate that most companies are short staffed.

Also, I would not turn in a car for tank work with a full tank of gas. That would be dumb. You should not have wasted your money with the oil tank fuel order.

Now would be a good time to visit relatives.
The LL should have provided OP with other living arrangements until the problem is solved...Such as hotel or other housing. To expect OP to "foot" the bill to heat the house/apt with electric heaters is unreasonable.

Just Blue

Management is not going to volunteer alternative housing. OP has to request it.
Yeah...Right. :rolleyes:

The Health Dept will really love that the LL didn't provide adequate housing to this OP. Sure. :rolleyes: That will save the LL rental permit.;)

OP should go to Small claims and sue. $50.00 (about) to file and I think $3,000.00 is the limit. OP will win.

atomizer

Yeah...Right. :rolleyes:

The Health Dept will really love that the LL didn't provide adequate housing to this OP. Sure. :rolleyes: That will save the LL rental permit.;)

OP should go to Small claims and sue. $50.00 (about) to file and I think $3,000.00 is the limit. OP will win.
Also, most counties in PA do not require a rental permit. :rolleyes:

atomizer

PA law requires Warranty Of Habitability .

38% air is not habitable .

It's been that way two weeks .
Who has determined that 38% habitability is not habitable. What about 39%?
a rental is habitable or it is not.

Can you name one location in PA where the warranty of habitability is translated into a certificate of any kind that has to be posted in the rental or elsewhere.

BL

Who has determined that 38% habitability is not habitable. What about 39%?
a rental is habitable or it is not.

Can you name one location in PA where the warranty of habitability is translated into a certificate of any kind that has to be posted in the rental or elsewhere.
It's called Implied for a reason . :rolleyes:

atomizer

It's called Implied for a reason . :rolleyes:
Agreed, ha ha which still has absolutely NOTHING to do with permits.:p

Advising OP not to pay rent or worry about it is irresponsible. that is for whoever advised that. OP can follow the state procedure for rent withholding or repair and deduct but both take time and he will probably have heat by then. A 5 day wait is not unreasonable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">