• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I have to keep my ex girlfriends stuff before I can throw it away?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Malibu123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

This may not be the right section to post this questions but here it is anyway. I recently found out my girlfriend cheated on me, I don't want her stuff here anymore but she is not coming to get it. She has been staying here for a couple of months and has a lot of stuff here. She has never paid rent! I want to know how long I have to keep her stuff here before I can get rid of it. I can't really just leave it outside because I live in an apartment complex and there's a possibility someone might take it or damage it. What should I do?

Thank you for your help.

Hot Topic

Did the landlord know that your girlfriend was staying with you for a couple of months? Did you have something in writing that required her to pay rent? The rules don't suddenly change because you're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">