• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I wait on response from landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpthislady

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi my landlord sent me a bogus letter stating she wanted to impose claim on my security deposit. I lived in the apartment for 4 years. She was my landlord only the last year. She is imposing claim on my security deposit she says because the carpet wasn't cleaned. But the carpet wasn't cleaned because she told us that she would be replacing and she never did, which is why we didn't renew the lease. We spoke to her over the phone about it and now she wants to keep the carpet because of it. The carpet is really really old, and the last carpet guy that we had come and clean it told us it needed to be replaced. Also she said the apartment needs to be painted due to pet odor. When in reality the apartment was never paitned during the 4 years we were tenants, so it was due paint. I wrote this all in a certfied letter and its has been over a month that she said she is going to "look into it". How long do we wait? What is the next step?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">