• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does LL have to return Security Deposit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pearl72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Long story short, I had a lease for 6 months. I paid rent on time 5 months out of the 6. She gave me a 3 day notice - we went to court middle of June - I agreed to pay her Rent for June - It has since been paid with late fees. When we went to court, she stated she didn't want me there and refused to lease to me again. I moved out Mid June - 3 days after we went to court. It now has been over 2 months, and I have tried to contact her, no call backs - to see when i may get my security deposit. How long can she hold onto it? If she decides to deduct anything from it, doesn't she have to send me a list of the deductions? Thanks...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">