• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long 'til i have to move out?....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JILLIENNA

What is the name of your state? wa.
we have been evicted.-how long do we actually have until we are physically forced out of our apartment?--i heard its something like three months................

Y

yoyoma

well have you been evcited?

this is a trick question

by whom? a judge? a lawyer? a landlord?

and why are you evicted?

you see you have NO time get your azz in gear tonight start selling or pawning what you can and be out asap.

------------------

you dont have 3 months, if a judge evcited you you might have 3 DAYS!!! before a marshall comes and tosses you to the street.

so where are you in the evcition process?

FarmerJ

If you are being evicted and it comes down to you refusing to leave heres some food for thought for you . ANY future landlord can find out in many states if there has been a housing court action or eviction filed . That is public information . many landlords refuse to rent to any one with a ( where I live called ) Unlawful detainer having been filed . many landlords dont even care what the reason is . In the long run If you are being evicted and the eviction is not a Illegal eviction or eviction was proper according to your states laws and you just refuse to leave it will hurt your future ability to find a new rental more than you think.

J

jlw1000

Yet another prime example of a deadbeat tenant. Apparently this one has not yet reached the "professiona deadbeat" status, but she's working diligently on it. It's a shame this much thought an effort does not go into honorably straightening out her financial affairs.

C

Caraboutu

It's because of weasel deadbeat tenants like YOU that we are losing our home to foreclosure. Instead of sitting there trying to figure out "legally" how long you can stay and pay no rent, how about if you get off your butt and find another place to live.

J

jlw1000

Caraboutu:

My sincerest condolences. I am a fellow Delawarean & know just how screwed up our landlord tenant system is. It is common knowledge that the system in our state is geared to help tenants screw over landlords. Even the court employees and government officials agree. Unfortunately the tenants have more groups helping them, so the legal system bows down to their every whim.

If you would like to get in contact with me, please e-mail me. I may not be able to offer any solutions, but I would at least be able to commiserate.

C

Caraboutu

jlw, thank you for your post. Unfortunately our rental home is in Vermont not in Delaware. We moved to Delaware to find jobs, Vermont was just too tough. We wanted to hold on to our "dream home" in Vermont that's why we rented it out. We have the worst possible tenants you can dream of, and being so far away from there, it's hard to manage the rental. Those renters take total advantage of us. The house will be going into foreclosure any day now because of them. I hate seeing posts like this "how long can I stay for free"....Man that makes me mad! Be lucky to have a place to live and pay your rent! Anyway, jlw, thanks again for your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">