• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to respond to an Unlawful Detainer Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nickbob

What is the name of your state? California - Los Angeles County

I rec'd a Notice of Unlawful Detainer?

However, prior to receiving the notice I called my landlord to settle my tenant obligations with an offer of advance rent payments. They said they would discuss it with their lawyer. But when I got off the phone and checked the mailbox the notice was inside....

As you may know, I have 5 days to respone to the notice, therefore, what section do I go to inside the courthouse? What form do I have to fill out? and what should I expect once I respond to notice? Its been an hour since I spoke to my landlord, so I'm assuming they do not want to settle this issue by accepting my offer.

seniorjudge

However, prior to receiving the notice I called my landlord to settle my tenant obligations with an offer of advance rent payments. They said they would discuss it with their lawyer. But when I got off the phone and checked the mailbox the notice was inside....

In the paragraph above, you said you wanted to SETTLE.

As you may know, I have 5 days to respone to the notice, therefore, what section do I go to inside the courthouse? What form do I have to fill out? and what should I expect once I respond to notice? Its been an hour since I spoke to my landlord, so I'm assuming they do not want to settle this issue by accepting my offer.

In the paragraph above, you said you OFFERED.

So clear this up: Did you in fact have money (cash) in your hand wanting to settle OR did you just offer to pay sometime in the future?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">