• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How soon should repairs to be made be made?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benita2066

What is the name of your state? NY. I put a letter in my landlords mail box requesting that he make the neccessary repairs that I requested when I first moved in on April of 2005, also requested that him and his family stop placing their radio speakers on the front porch blasting lound music anytime that they feel like it.The landlord put into the lease agreement that I should not have parties with loud music, he does not extend the same courtesty to me. Even after I gave him this letter he did not respond to this letter to let me whether or not these request will be granted. When should I send the second letter,or take further actions. They continue to play lound music but on the inside of their apartment but it is still very loud to disturb me and my family.

BL

benita2066 said:
What is the name of your state? NY. I put a letter in my landlords mail box requesting that he make the neccessary repairs that I requested when I first moved in on April of 2005, also requested that him and his family stop placing their radio speakers on the front porch blasting lound music anytime that they feel like it.The landlord put into the lease agreement that I should not have parties with loud music, he does not extend the same courtesty to me. Even after I gave him this letter he did not respond to this letter to let me whether or not these request will be granted. When should I send the second letter,or take further actions. They continue to play lound music but on the inside of their apartment but it is still very loud to disturb me and my family.
Call the police ( peace officers ) , if they are in noise violations , each and every time .

Also don't just place a letter in the mailbox , send it Return receipt Requested Certified . Keep a copy of the letter, and the receipt it was accepted . If it isn't accepted and returned to you do NOT open it , then take it to court for " Constructive eviction " , which means things are so unbearable you were forced to move , or try negotiating a move out . That's the problem with renting from same landlords live in . The LL does have a right to renovate , and usually music is played during renovations . Try talking with the Owner and try working something out .

Last edited:

benita2066

The loud music is not being played during the home-improvements, they just put their speakers on the front porch at any time,sometimes they are on the porch sitting or sometimes they are inside the house but still have the radio speakers on the porch playing loud, the children at their own discretion plays the music, the problem is they do it when ever they want to late nights as well.

Hot Topic

{Quote}I made a mistake of the year that I moved in. I moved in on july of 2006 not 2005 and I did write a letter to complain and yet he still does not comply with what I asked for. I am now writing my second letter concerning these issuses.
Last edited by benita2066 : Today at 10:54 AM.{Unquote}

Why have you posted twice today about this issue?

Why didn't you correct the month and year in your second post?

acmb05

benita2066 said:
Repairs should be made in a timely manner AFTER you notify landlord in writing according to our states LL/T laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">