• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my Girlfriend to move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Erietony

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I am a home owner who has made the mistake of allowing my girlfriend and her now 10 year old son to move in with me. They moved in October of 2002. At the time, I asked her to sign a lease, but she refused claiming that it would demonstrate that I had a lack of trust in her. Instead, she agreed to sign a form that I made up detailing what she would pay in rent and what household bills she would pay. I no longer know where this form is. She may have taken it from my office, but I cannot say for sure.

Over the past several months, she has been late with the monthly rent and very late with the monthly bills. She is currently behind over $200.00 with no date set when she will pay.

For a variety of reasons, I want her and her son to move out. I don’t care if she pays the recent bills or not. I have asked her to leave and she has stated that she will not. She has gone so far as to say that the house is as much hers as it is hers. I bought the home before I met her.

I am sure that when I do take official action, it will get ugly. What forms must I use to give her notice? What action can I take when she refuses? What can I do to protect myself when things turn ugly?

It may be important to note that the managers of her last apartment complex are threatening to sue her for monies not paid. Further she has recently lost her checking account for maintaining a negative balance for greater than two weeks. She has attempted to obtain a checking account elsewhere, but has been refused.

The father of the 10 year old son lives approximately 4 hours away, does not pay child support. He does, however, see the child every other weekend; more during the summer and over holidays.

Thank you

H

hexeliebe

Everything in your post is superfluous except for the fact that she is a tenant. Write a 30-day eviction notice and mail it to her registered mail, return receipt requested.

then, at the end of the 30 days, if she hasn't moved out, begin legal action against her.

IF she stole the form she's certainly not going to produce it now and even if she does, you can sue her for the back bills.

Oh, and hire a guy named crooked-nose to help her move.

C

CA. Landlady

I would serve her both for non-payment and back it up with proper notice to vacate. Bet Jetx would too. :+)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">