• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to Settle an Eviction Case with my Landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carmenz

What is the name of your state?
California
He wants to sell the property.
How to I write up a settlement agreement (offer) to buy the property?

moburkes

What is the name of your state?
California
He wants to sell the property.
How to I write up a settlement agreement (offer) to buy the property?
You want to buy the property you're being evicted from?

carmenz

Why are you being evicted? Can you afford to buy the property?
It's a long story. He just wants me out, my rent is current. I offered to buy prior to him evicting me, but he was asking for way too much.
I just need to know how do I offer to buy in a settlement agreement

Alaska landlord

Let's see**************..

You thought he as asking too much before, but to make it easy on him you are willing to not fight eviction and willing to pay him less than what he is asking for. Yea, that is a great motivational incentive. LOL.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you actually being EVICTED? Through the court? Or, have you simply received a notice of non-renewal of your rental agreement?

Alaska landlord

Court is the last result a landlord will resort to with a non compliant tenant. The time to try and settle any dispute would have been before court. You stated that he was asking way too much for his property. He is not obligated to sell you his property at a discount. In addition you have not demonstrated good faith by forcing him to resort to court action in order to remove you from his property. I don’t know about him, but any tenant that would force me to court to settle a tenancy dispute would not be buying my house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">