• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If a lease is signed can u change your mind 24hrs later even if u never moved in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blairboyz3@aol.

my wife sign a lease without me there she hasnt moved in and its been less than 72hrs after signing lease can we back if i didnt sign lease,

sandyclaus

my wife sign a lease without me there she hasnt moved in and its been less than 72hrs after signing lease can we back if i didnt sign lease,
Sure you can. And when you do, your wife will remain fully financially obligated to fulfill the lease she signed.

The LL can hold her liable for the unpaid rent until the unit is re-rented, or until the end of the lease, whichever comes first. Plus they can go after her for payment of all of LL's damages and expenses to find a new tenant, including advertising and screening costs. Depending on how much of a deposit was given to the LL, that money may be unrecoverable if the costs for breaking the lease exceed the deposit amount, plus she can be sued for the rest.

Last edited:

BL

Sure you can. And when you do, your wife will remain fully financially obligated to fulfill the lease she signed.

The LL can hold her liable for the unpaid rent until the unit is re-rented, or until the end of the lease, whichever comes first. Plus they can go after her for payment of all of LL's damages and expenses to find a new tenant, including advertising and screening costs. Depending on how much of a deposit was given to the LL, that money may be unrecoverable if the costs for breaking the lease exceed the deposit amount, plus she can be sued for the rest.
Happy X-mas ,you've just been spammed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">