• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignored,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nitefate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New mexico , I renting ten years ,been through 4 property managers,first 3 never had any issues, present manager has towed my vechile,has posted issues on my door which I feel have come about from a personality conflict she has towards me, issues like I am renting unit of which I am able to use but not able to use facilities on property such as parking space which are assigned, because when I signed lease I had no vechile listed,( I did have tried to have listed on my lease) not to use laundry room on property, I was instructed not to speak to other tenants in units on property especially tenants in apt behind mine (who had been there for 3 weeks), with inspection coming up she left notice that apt should have any repairs necessary fixed to be able to renew lease , two weeks before inspection I received notice we break lease part ways I vacate apt ,relocate with a different company , I being with housing authority could not break lease upon doing so I would forfeit my voucher with city of Albuquerque housing authority, so property manager would have to wait until our lease ,myself, housing,management was over. I asked to be moved into another unit , was told I no longer quilify to rent with company any longer, when I asked why I am answered with ,you no longer quilify and understand the need to vacste. I tried to reach supervising and any other manager with company which leads to all any of persons I try to seek answers from am directed back to property manager, is it legal to be unable to get am answer why I no longer quilify , any future landlord I have spoken with ask why I am moving ,all I can say I'd lease is up , being with a company for ten years no complaints no damages always paid my rent. I deserve to know why I'm being shunned , I always believed landlords seek having tenants who follow rules of lease and stay renting as long as possible , I only want to know what it is I did to be treated this way ,and is it legal to mistreat someone because of personal reason ,take advantage of status ability to make things hard on someone who has done nothing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

STEPHAN

Sorry, I gave up reading, it is quite hard with no formatting.

But it looks like times have changed. The property manager was selected by the owner. Not much you can do about it.

It might be time to move.

Last edited:

DeenaCA

Have you discussed the situation with your caseworker at the housing authority? The housing providers have a contract with the housing authority ("HAP contract"). It sounds like you have a fixed-term lease (as opposed to month-to-month tenancy). If that's the case, during the lease term your tenancy can only be terminated for good cause such as nonpayment of rent, criminal activity, disturbance of neighbors, or damaging the unit.

The HAP contract also requires your landlord/managers to provide a copy of any termination notice they issue to you to the housing authority. You can review the HAP contract at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=52641.pdf. See page 10 regarding termination of tenancy.

If you are at the end of your lease term and the housing providers have cause to terminate your tenancy under state landlord-tenant law, the housing authority can assist you with moving to another dwelling unit that will accept your voucher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">