• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Activities -- can I evict ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Supermagna

I am currently renting a house in Coppell, TX -- as suburb of Dallas.

I have information from people in the area of the rental property that drug selling is taking place in the house. Police have been notified. Does this give me the right to evict? What type of evidence do I need to collect before I send the eviction notice?

Thank you

Cvillecpm

If the tenants owe you $$$, deal with it that way. Don't rely on alledged drug activity as you open yourself and your property up to a whole potential for asset forfeiture from both state and local law enforcement.

If neighbors know of the activity, then they can call the police and deal with it on that level.

Good luck.

FarmerJ

you might wish to call the police or county sheriff or local prosecutor and ask what information they have for you should you ever have to evict a renter who is dealing drugs ,most law enforcement agencys or clerk of the court should have information that will help you so you are educated in that matter before you actually have to do that . Also consider joining a multi housing owners association for landlords they are a great source of information , Last If you cannot find the information you need consult with a local law firm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">