• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Towing of our car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mutya0129

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Our car was towed in our apartment complex inspite of valid sticker registered under VIN and legally park on the correct and designated area. They return our car after 4hrs without any paymnet we made as we have not violated anything. However, when we received our car, we noticed several scratches on top of the vehicle. I filled a complaint to our leasing office but they seems does not ant to pay for the damages. I believe that they will only act if I file a legal complaint. Can you pls. help and advise?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Our car was towed in our apartment complex inspite of valid sticker registered under VIN and legally park on the correct and designated area. They return our car after 4hrs without any paymnet we made as we have not violated anything. However, when we received our car, we noticed several scratches on top of the vehicle. I filled a complaint to our leasing office but they seems does not ant to pay for the damages. I believe that they will only act if I file a legal complaint. Can you pls. help and advise?
Get a couple of estimates, send them a CRR letter demanding payment. If you get no response sue. You will have the burden of proof ~ who knows how those scratches got there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">