• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Instant Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shedlampoil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Is there anyway to evict someone and get them out my house that day.

This person has had drugs at my house (Coke, Weed, Extacy).
Hes kept a dog at my house. And Still has it there.

I have two questions.

1 - What can I do with the dog. We'd agreed he would not have a pet and he ignores having to get rid of it. Can I just call a "dog catcher" or whatever you call them on the dog?

2 - What are the requirments for kicking him out instant?

Some Random Guy

You cannot kick someone out of the home they are renting in one day. You need to follow the landlord/tenant laws of your state and file for an eviction with the courts after giving the tenant proper notice.

I would suggest dealing with a local attorney experienced in evictions. You may be ble to get a flat fee for what it will cost. By using a lawyer for your first eviction, you should learn the legal hoops that you need to jump through to make sure that professional deadbeat tenants do not use your lack of knowlede of the law to get several months free rent in your place.

Alaska landlord

It may just be that your state has a statute for a quick "quit" notification process when a tenant in involved with drug use. For instance, you may only be required to give a 10 day or less notice to vacate. Check your landlord tenant act.

Some Random Guy

Yep; Georgia landlord tenant laws are a tad light (some of them still address share cropping!).
And they also talk about your ability to evict servants from what I could see. Keeping that southern tradition alive and well.

LindaP777

Do you;
1) share the house with him (or is it a separate house)
2) have a written lease? If so, when is it up?

For drugs, call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">