• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement for Possession? Los Angeles County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

money giver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

We filed the documents for a judgement for possession of the property. In Los Angeles county they do not enter a judgement for possession on the same day they are filed. Does anyone know how much time it takes from the time the request for judgement of possession is filed until the judgement is entered? Thanks for any help

money giver

I called the clerks office and it is not ready yet. It was filed on 8/18/09. So it has been two days. Does anyone have any idea when this judgement will be entered? Thanks.

CA LL

Your post is a bit unclear. Had you already filed a full UD action, the tenant was served and they failed to respond in the five days allowed by the court and therefore you went for DEFAULT judgment for possession?

Or do you mean you just filed the original action?

Or did you already receive a default judgment and are awaiting the writ being executed?

I ask this only because many landlords confuse the terms and process.

I actually suggest NOT calling the court everyday..they often will then have to "pull" the file out of process and it can actually cause actions to be delayed.

From start to finish in L.A. county uncontested evictions can take anywhere from there to six weeks in total from landlord notice to lockout.

CourtClerk

Which court? It generally takes about 5 days and remember that Wednesday was a furlough day, so don't count that one because no one was working. Did you submit your writ packet with the judgment paperwork?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">