• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just bought house ex-owner wont move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

uzdforc

in florida,pembroke pines. i just bought a house and the ex owner is refusing to move out.we made no post closing agreement for tenancy and he is not paying me rent

HomeGuru

uzdforc said:
in florida,pembroke pines. i just bought a house and the ex owner is refusing to move out.we made no post closing agreement for tenancy and he is not paying me rent
**A: ok, then why did you close with him still there? Did you not do a closing inspection? When did you think he would move out? What did your Realtor say to do? You do have a Realtor right?
Guess what? You are now a landlord.

U

uzdforc

we bought the house through buy owner on august 19. the guy told us he would be out by august 31.but now hes saying sept 7.but i need to move in sept 1st. he offered for us to move in with them.!!!

HomeGuru

uzdforc said:
we bought the house through buy owner on august 19.

**A: that's just great. No professional real estate or legal help.

the guy told us he would be out by august 31.but now hes saying sept 7.

**A: and how do you know that the date will not change again say until Jan 3 2005?
but i need to move in sept 1st.

**A: well, from the looks of things, it won''t be happening.
he offered for us to move in with them.!!!

**A: hey, great idea. They do that all the time in those trailer parks down south.

U

uzdforc

should i just start the eviction process today? i called the guy all weekend and he wont return calls.also someone told me to go ahead and move in with them and as soon as im in the house call the cops and tell them i have a trespasser

HomeGuru

uzdforc said:
should i just start the eviction process today?

**A: no, your hired attorney should. You have already proven that you are not able to handle important real estate matters on your own.
i called the guy all weekend and he wont return calls.

**A: duh, he know's what you are calling for.
also someone told me to go ahead and move in with them and as soon as im in the house call the cops and tell them i have a trespasser

**A: DOH! What stupid advice. What if the guy is a serial killer? And anyway, that trespasser idea would not work. Why? Read the Florida L/T law. The guy is a tenant.

U

uzdforc

last question

he said that on september 2nd he would be receiving a pod to put all his stuff in.and then we would be able to move our stuff in. but he still needed to stay at the residence to sleep. what if when hes out of the house i change all the locks.

JETX

uzdforc said:
You don't have to evict him as he is a trespasser. Contact the local police about the 'criminal trespass' of the person in YOUR property.

HomeGuru

uzdforc said:
he said that on september 2nd he would be receiving a pod to put all his stuff in.and then we would be able to move our stuff in. but he still needed to stay at the residence to sleep. what if when hes out of the house i change all the locks.
**A: great idea. Give him a gift certificate for a nice dinner at a nearby steakhouse. Then when he's gone, change all the locks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">