• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Charges For Carpet To Be Cleaned -That I installed to replace his old carpet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chelandd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I had installed new carpet in this home (myself) because the original carpets were old, probably from 1980's, with stains, some bald spots, etc. Really dinggy.

So I (myself did the labor) replaced two bedrooms w/ new carpet and the landlord said he would pay half (which I showed receipt and deducted from next rent).

I received my deposit back from my landlord. He is charging me $120 to clean carpet. Is this possible? He rents a house w/ both bedroom carpets old, dinggy, hasn't been replaced in who knows how many years... Then I replace & get charged for the cleaning? (And when we left them in great/good condition.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">