• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Fails to Pass Rent Checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aqualung

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I have been paying rent on time. 9 months left on annual lease.

After seeing that my rent check had not cleared in July, I am now in told he is filing for eviction and expect a 3 Day Notice 10AugMon.

The problem is that paying into Court exposes me to having the Landlord pass my check or M.O. after the court payment. Hence, double rent and this is what I believe he is after. I cannot afford this even if the rent can be used to pay the next month in advance.

Is there a way to pay rent into escrow or to file with the Court an action that would allow me to pay into the Clerk of The Court the rent? This would be timely payments in lieu of paying the Landlord and having to be exposed to doubling of rent and having to put up with this hassle every month.

Thanks!

acmb05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I have been paying rent on time. 9 months left on annual lease.

After seeing that my rent check had not cleared in July, I am now in told he is filing for eviction and expect a 3 Day Notice 10AugMon.

The problem is that paying into Court exposes me to having the Landlord pass my check or M.O. after the court payment. Hence, double rent and this is what I believe he is after. I cannot afford this even if the rent can be used to pay the next month in advance.

Is there a way to pay rent into escrow or to file with the Court an action that would allow me to pay into the Clerk of The Court the rent? This would be timely payments in lieu of paying the Landlord and having to be exposed to doubling of rent and having to put up with this hassle every month.

Thanks!
What is he filing for eviction for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">