• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord has different rental agreement than I do!!! Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yanno

What is the name of your state? HI

OK, to make it simple

1. I signed a rental agreement, landlord did as well

2. Landlord takes copy of rental agreement.

3. I then added a name to landlord's copy of the rental agreement.

4. Landlord has rental agreement with the additional name I put on and NOW, months later, I see landlord's copy again and there is a whole section with terms that are not on my copy of the rental agreement.

My only concern is this section with these terms that are not on my copy of the rental agreement. Is this legal? Is this a voidable rental agreement? My copy was signed by the landlord and this info is not there, now on the landlord's copy, it's there.

Cvillecpm

Your lease is the proper copy....you did not initial or approve any changes so your copy - assuming it is signed by the landlord - is valid.

yanno

So even though I added (wrote in) a name to her copy, but not mine...the one I have is the valid one?

I'm asking because I want to move out and the landlord is telling me that I can't because I have to stay for so long, however my rental agreement has no termination date or term of lease on it or anything else that says I have to stay for a certain time! There's absolutely nothing there so I should be able to move out whenever I want, as long as I give 30 days notice and I have. The landlord is telling me I will continue to be responsible for the rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">