• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord not receiving mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redsnapper9

I live in Connecticut and have been unable to find an answer to my problem.

I live in a converted house in which the third floor is an apartment, but the other floors are a real estate business.

My problem: I am not receiving my mail. The business does not place my mail in a conspicuous location and they won't sign for packages whether they be from USPS, UPS, FedEx, whatever. I understand their attempts at cautiousness, however, it has gotten to the point where my packages are being returned and I have to have my mail sent to a friend's house. In such cases I have to pay extra shipping fees (to have my stuff re-shipped) not to mention the inconvenience of having the mail sent elsewhere. My primary concern is that I won't receive my utility bill.

Is this illegal or how can I remedy this situation? Should I write a letter?

fairlight

I don't understand why you haven't talked to them already, backing it up with Certified Mail.

I'm confused by your title. Are you saying that you're the landlord of the building?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">