• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord refuse to give me a lease agreement after receiving my first month rent & de

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

ycargo

I live in ypsilanti michigan i moved into this rental property on 12/01/00 after i paid my first month rent plus my security deposit the landlord advised me she would not give me a lease agreement and i could do a month to month
rent payment and i want to do a 1 year lease and upon my moving in she let her son use the 2 car garage for storage and advise me if i didn't like it i could move i just moved
in and i am not going to move out. This ad was placed in the newspaper with a 3 bedroom house for rent with a 2 car
garage attached what legal precautions can i take?

Brown Sugar

D

djdj

You can sue the landlord to honor the agreement or tell her she breeched the lease, and you are moving out and expect her to give you back your security or you will sue her in small claims court.

That ad is very valuable evidence to show a judge!

PS.. any landlord who refuses to give you a lease before you pay the rent will turn out to be an asssshole landlord...

[Edited by djdj on 01-19-2001 at 05:33 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">