• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord refused to accept lease payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waiver

state = michigan

my landlord refused to accept my lease payments for a three month period. the payments were mailed certified return receipt requested and were returned to me refused by the landlord. the landlord afterwards sued me in landlord tenant court and won a money judgement. i argued in court that the landlord's refusal to accept the payments constitutes a waiver of his right to those payments. i am appealing the district court ruling to the circuit court. advise?

H

happy&lucky

YO everybody we have a real BOZO here!!!!!!

Uh wadda matter wid U?

Now you have a judgement on your credit report, and you didnt offer to pay the rent to the judge in court....and you kicked yourself in the nuts by arguing the landlord doesnt deserve the rent.....

BOZO BOZO BOZO!

---------

well maybe you can redeem yourslef, why did the landlord refuse your rent?

did you holdover after your lease expired?

What were you thinking...by not paying the rent in court?

Last edited:
W

waiver

All 12 monthly payments were timely and properly tendered to landlord unknown as to why she would refuse the last three payments and afterwards try to redeem her failure to accept the payments by taking court action.

no there was no holdover

payment had already been tendered to the landlord prior to court action and she refused it. her refusal to accept the payments constitutes an implied waiver of her rights to collect payment under the lease agreement contract. i tendered payment timely and properly i am under no obligation to re-tender a payment that was refused.

H

happy&lucky

sorry buddy.......ONLY A JUDGE can make that decesion........and YOU didnt offer the money IN COURT!

so the judge evicted you....and she got a judgement.

You were trying to play a lawyer like on Allie Mc Beal....... and lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">