• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord refuses to make repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wendy thornton

landlord tenant dispute

Farmer!!....thank you so much for all ur inpute and responses...thanks to everybody for responding. Just about everyone who has responded pretty much says the same thing...MOVE OUT...its not that easy..my 70 year old mother lives with me whom I take care of..she also has 4 horse and we have 2 dogs..its virtually Impossible to find a place to rent that will allow them..I nither have the money, means or credit to purchase a home..the LL I keep referring to is also my brother-in-law..the only reason he purchased this home was to give a place for me and my mother to stay without having to worry about EVER moving.."his words"....i pay him rent every month..i have never missed a payment..i have made small repairs to the property..and I and my mother are natural "green thumbs"..I do have in writing an agreement about maintaining this property which we both signed but it is NOT an actual lease agreement..I have not spoken to this man in other a year..because I havent needed to..until the 16th when I found out the septic system needed fixed...he purchased the home and I know he never had the septic system checked before we moved in...I ASSUMED he would be responsible for any major repairs...or at the least he would be WILLING to work out some kind of compromise with me to share the cost..he outright refused to make any compromise..as far as he's concerned..once he bought the property his responsibilities ended..he thinks I should be thankful to him for purchasing the place and that because he did purchase the place I am supposed to do whatever he wants how he wants it. I wish I could just MOVE OUT and yes, i probably will have too..but its just not that easy..I do have an appointment with legal aide on monday..although the person that I DID talk to on the phone did not seem to want to spend to much time on the matter..Legal aide is most likely swamped..and I hope that they WILL take the time to help me in this matter..yes I have read the law and I know what my rights are Under Idaho Law...now I just need help to back it up

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">