• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord refusing to accept rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parkview

I live in a mobile home park in Ohio. I own my mobile home. The park was recently bought by a company in Michigan, who has not given the tenants an address or phone number to contact them (only the manager knows). I chose not to sign a form saying I agree with all their rules. Does the landlord have the right to tell the manager to refuse my lot rent (she will be fired if she accepts it) because I didn't sign the form?

D

DRUSS1964

Do you have a lease ?
try paying the rent again but this time bring 2 witnesses with you so you have proof it was refused
and if possible have the manager sign a statement refusing rent and for what reason (she will not likely want to do this that is why you need to bring witnesses the more you have the better)it would be better if the witnesses were not residents of the park
the owners will most likely try and evict you
you may want to get a consultation from a lawyer to see what other rights you have

P

parkview

I don't have a lease. Of 50 plus lots in the park, only 12 signed the list of rules. The tenants have a lawyer working on it already. But my question is, does the owner have the right to make the manager refuse our rent? (The manager is on our side, not the owner's - she is only keeping her position because she can't afford not to.)

D

DRUSS1964

you say the tenants have a lawyer ask your lawyer the question about if the owner can have the manager refuse rent
the reason why I said try and pay rent again and bring a witness or two is so you have proof you tried to pay it so when the landlord tries to evict you for not paying your rent you can say you tried and it was refused
without a witness the landlord can just say you never even tried to pay it
once you try and pay it and he refuses then put it in the bank and earn interest

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">