• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angeleyes82089

I live on Long Island New York and I am a landlord in a private house. My question is: is it the landlords responsibility to clean the tenants walk way, stairs and drive way? Is it the landlords responsability to provide salt? Also is rental insurance required if it is stated in the lease?

JETX

"is it the landlords responsibility to clean the tenants walk way, stairs and drive way? Is it the landlords responsability to provide salt?"
*** What does your lease say as to providing these 'services' and materials??

"Also is rental insurance required if it is stated in the lease?"
*** What type of insurance (contents, structural, etc.?) and if 'what' is stated in the lease??? What EXACTLY does the lease say??

FarmerJ

If its a common entry why would you risk breaking your own neck let alone the lawsuit against you for broken bones if a room renter falls ? do it your self . IF its PVT entry that no one else but the tenant uses even then if the tenants guest falls and trys to sue you the extra headache would have been avoided . IF you dont want to use salt then use SAND .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">