• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord selling home 3 months into lease.I was told to vacate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flux1231

I am in Florida

I moved into a home about 3 months ago. I was contacted by my lanlord that he is giving me 30 days to move because he is selling the house. He claims he was relocated (he's in the service) and will sell the property.

Must I vacate the property or is my lease transfered to the new buyer if I refuse to leave ?

Thank you

Flux

Just Blue

Flux1231 said:
I am in Florida

I moved into a home about 3 months ago. I was contacted by my lanlord that he is giving me 30 days to move because he is selling the house. He claims he was relocated (he's in the service) and will sell the property.

Must I vacate the property or is my lease transfered to the new buyer if I refuse to leave ?

Thank you

Flux

How long is your lease?

Flux1231

Lanlord selling property

One year... and there is no mention on the lease for aerly termination due to sell of property

ENASNI

Flux1231 said:
I am in Florida

Thank you

Flux
You must vacate the property if he gives you a nice bribe... oh I mean incentive ( moving costs... money.. the moon... a Lexus... ) to do so, or the lease is transferred.

I hope this is a nice written lease, flux... please tell me it is. :(

ecmst12

Meaning, basically, NO he can't force you to leave but if you're not completely opposed to moving, make him offer you a bunch of money (3 months rent perhaps?) and you'll do it....but if you really don't want to move, he can't force you to. The lease obligates him as well as you. If he does sell the place, the lease will transfer to the new owners and they will have to honor it as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">