• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Selling House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SAK2000

CA

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to my question but I just want to make sure.

I live in the granny flat behind my landlords house. My landlord is having an "investor" take over the house before the bank forecloses on it. I didn't sign a lease (but should have) and now my landlord is saying we both have 60days to move out. However, the "investor" deal is not a for sure thing yet. Does my landlord have to give me 30 days WRITTEN notice to move? Not to be a b****h, but I'm thinking if she is telling me that I have 60 days but hasn't given me written notice, I'll just wait until the 60 days and then tell her she needs to give me 30 days notice which will give me another 30 days to save money for the move. I know that's probably not the "right" thing to do but I'm a tad bothered because I only moved in there in November and I'm pretty sure that she knew at that time that this was going to happen but didn't bother to share the news. It cost me a lot of money to move and I have a lot of furniture that I am not happy about having to move again.

Don't send me responses lecturing me about the whole 60 day/30 day notice issue. I'm not saying I will do that. I'm just typing what I am thinking at this very minute. I just want to know if she has to give me 30 day written notice under these circumstances.

Thanks.

ENASNI

SAK2000 said:
CA

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to my question but I just want to make sure.

I live in the granny flat behind my landlords house. My landlord is having an "investor" take over the house before the bank forecloses on it. I didn't sign a lease (but should have) and now my landlord is saying we both have 60days to move out. However, the "investor" deal is not a for sure thing yet. Does my landlord have to give me 30 days WRITTEN notice to move? Not to be a b****h, but I'm thinking if she is telling me that I have 60 days but hasn't given me written notice, I'll just wait until the 60 days and then tell her she needs to give me 30 days notice which will give me another 30 days to save money for the move. I know that's probably not the "right" thing to do but I'm a tad bothered because I only moved in there in November and I'm pretty sure that she knew at that time that this was going to happen but didn't bother to share the news. It cost me a lot of money to move and I have a lot of furniture that I am not happy about having to move again.

Don't send me responses lecturing me about the whole 60 day/30 day notice issue. I'm not saying I will do that. I'm just typing what I am thinking at this very minute. I just want to know if she has to give me 30 day written notice under these circumstances.

Thanks.
Yes 30 day written notice

HomeGuru

SAK2000 said:
CA

Thanks.

**A: if you do not want lectures then for heavens sake READ the CA L/T law. It is a very simple concept.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">