• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Selling House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cvlr

What is the name of your state? VA

I have a 2 year lease on a house in Virginia. My landlord has given notice that he is terminating the lease because he is selling the property. There is a provision in the lease that
the lease can be terminated with a 60 day written cancellation notice from either party (Landlord or Lessee). I have found a new house to rent and that lease starts two weeks after the start of the 60 day notice.

If I move out prior to the end of the 60 days does the lease terminate when I move or do I have to pay rent to the landlord for the entire 60 day period?What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

Unless your landlord is willing to let you out sooner, you'll have to pay for the whole 60 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">