• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Sells home without prior notice to tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostnbfe29

What is the name of your state? Virginia
My landlord sold the house we live in and called us on the 14th of October and told us we had until the 25th of October to move out. We are on a month to month lease after living here for 4 years. Can he do that or does the new owner have to give us atleast 30 days to vacate the property?

seniorjudge

lostnbfe29 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
My landlord sold the house we live in and called us on the 14th of October and told us we had until the 25th of October to move out. We are on a month to month lease after living here for 4 years. Can he do that or does the new owner have to give us atleast 30 days to vacate the property?
What does your lease say about this situation?

lostnbfe29

Thanks for the advice. Called office of consumer affairs and told me regardless of who owns it they have to give us a 30 day notice :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">