• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord sent me to collections without notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sifu1

My Last Post

Your post:
The landlord has a collection agency doing his billing. So?

What you can do about it is PAY the money you owe.

my response:
For your information as a law enforcement officer, author, and martial arts instructor I "CAN" pay what "I" owe however,

YAY! I'm so afraid. :D:D:D

This is exhasting and so foolish, ok smarty pants, had you just answered my question respectfully I would have no comments that you could sarcastically feel threatened by. However, as it is with forums there is always some disrepectful wise guy making posts. Can anyone see a threat or a need for sarcastic fear in my post this is dumb thanks to all who had something substantial to say I appreciate it.

I'm a scientist, not a physicist , but thanks for the complement. :)

PS. If you are a scientist then I would expect wiser comments from you hmm... how disappointing (is not physics science hmm...).

Godspeed everyone

To the OP: There is a difference in having an item "In Collections" and being billed by a "collection agency". (I know they sound similar, but they are different.) An item "in collections" generally means that a debt is overdue and either has, or is in the process of receiving, a civil judgement for that amount. This amount will show up on a credit report (If not now, very soon). A collection agency is a general term for a billing company. Some larger LLs use these collections agencies to do all of their billing, just as other LLs use an accountant to do it. (Perhaps she does not do the billing or calculating herself, thus she didn't know how much you would owe when you asked her.) These items do not generally show up on your credit unless ignored. You requested that the LL inform you of what you owe him/her. If he/she uses a billing company (this collection agency), that is exactly what he has done. If there is no mention of a court case or civil judgement, it is just a bill. If the amount noted is correct for the 14 days you owe, then just pay it and don't worry. If the amount is incorrect, you need to contest the billing in writing (sent certified mail, receipt requested) to the LL. If you later check your free annual credit report and this shows up on it for some reason, write to the credit bureau and the LL and insist that it be removed immediately. Best of luck in your new house.

Alaska landlord

I'm a scientist, not a physicist , but thanks for the complement. :)[\QUOTE]

Let's take a closer look. you said scientist, not chemist.:rolleyes:

Your log on is xylene. Considering that it's one of the protducts used in the production of crystal meth, you could be a back room scientist. That would explain why you didn't claim the title of chemist.

Then, there is the possibility you just didn't graduate.:p

xylene

Let's take a closer look. you said scientist, not chemist.:rolleyes:

Your log on is xylene. Considering that it's one of the protducts used in the production of crystal meth, you could be a back room scientist. That would explain why you didn't claim the title of chemist.

Then, there is the possibility you just didn't graduate.:p
FYI:
xylene is an ingredient and or solvent in many products used in industry and the arts.

It is a solvent / thinner in quality professional enamel paints such as automotive paint, is used in many spray paints, paint markers, and most importantly for moi, oil based inks.

Finally, xylene mixed with a small amount of tetrachloroethylene (3-5%) is commonly called screen wash, and is used as a cleaning fluid in traditional (oil based ink) screen printing. This is to what my handle refers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">